Friday

Just-Moved-In Pictures

Ok, so people have been begging for pictures of the house, but I am warning you - it is messy because we still aren't done moving in and we just brought the fridge home late last night, so the kitchen is an utter disaster area. Just keep that in mind. First is the master bedroom and bath.

Sam's bathroom. I loved that I finally settled on a shower curtain and that it turned out to match the rugs and Sam's step pretty well. I think eventually if I can find a cute green bathroom soap, toothbrush holder, cup set it would complete it.

Sam's room. The crib isn't set up yet (it will be against the far wall by the heater), but the baby clothes are out and hanging in the closet/stored in the dresser waiting for our little girl's arrival.

The office. We have alot more space now that all my craft/sewing stuff is downstairs in the bonus room. But that is probably a good thing because we probably need to get another bookshelf in the near future.
The hallway from the front room. Those boxes and baskets are mainly jars and food storage that I'm not allowed to carry downstairs, so they are waiting to find a new home. We are hoping to buy some good shelves and a rotating can rack to utilize the space (and organize!) in the cold storage room.
The front room from the front door. Coat closet on the left will be awesome and soon we will get the piano centered on this wall and then up will go my family wall. I have some black vinyl that says "Families Are Forever" and decending down we will have a family picture, then a wedding picture and a current picture of me and Robert, then 5X7 pictures of each of the kiddos. I'm thinking there will be plenty of space on this wall to also put a black shelf on either side for my Willow Tree figurines and Kaylie's hand and foot molds we had done before she passed away.
And to the right of the front door is the front room which has the tv for now until the family room gets finished. Once it is, these will all go downstairs and this will be the visiting teaching/home teaching room with a new living room set that I hope will be something like a couch and two really comfy chairs or a couch and loveseat with a chair. Something to that effect.
Looking on the dining area from the laundry room. See my big, beautiful front window? We got a double curtain rod and have sheer white curtains up for now, but whenever I get around to deciding what color scheme I want to go with, there will be heavy curtains on top to help with privacy and blocking out some of the bright sunlight.
The kitchen with all the wonderful appliances finally put in. Although, very sad thing happened last night and the handles on my fridge got severely dented, along with a good amount of scratches on the sides of the fridge. *Sad* but Robert promised to buy new handles, which made me really happy because he could see how much it bothered me to see my brand new fridge so dinged up already. It's really not the guys' fault and I don't blame them, but it still stings just a little.
My washer and dryer finally in the laundry room so we can wash all the skunk stink out of everything. Thankfully I had the presence of mind to do all the laundry on Friday even though my usual laundry day is Monday, so we have had enough clean clothes this week. And can I just say I love my pantry!! It has been a little tough figuring out how to manage my space with the pantry, kitchen and cold storage, but it will be great now that things are figured out.

And a quick picture of the front of the house. Yes, I cut off the end a little tiny bit, but when it is super bright outside with the snow, you can't really see the picture. I love the green siding and the stone detail - just changes things up a bit from the usual. And for those of you who are wondering, no, we aren't going with the shotgun shell mailbox. :)
So that's it - for now. I will take pictures once we get more fully moved in and I've had a chance to decorate a little. I just love my new stove and my kitchen is so wonderful to be in! Thanks to all of you who helped us move in so fast and also to those who helped watch Sam so we could get things done - we couldn't have done it without all of you!! We are looking forward to meeting our new ward on Sunday, although we are sad to have to go back to 1:00 church again and will dearly miss the Clark ward! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

YEAH! Congrats! I love it! I bet you are so busy!! :) Have fun decorating.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Looks great! Have fun decorating and figuring out where to put everything! That is my favorite thing about moving, changing things up!!! Congrats!

Ashlee said...

The house looks great. It's always fun deciding how to decorate things. Don't stress about it!! Hopefully we can see it some time soon.

Tenika Dennis said...

Your house looks so great! How exciting!

c a n d a c e said...

Love it Sis!! :)

April and John and Baby Thomas said...

Awesome, Teen! I am so happy for you guys. We will have to come see it soon.