Tuesday

Remembering Kaylie

When discussing what we wanted to do for our baby today, Robert said "I like remembering the other day better" and I would have to agree. No one wants to remember the most horrific day of their life, but we do. It's part of the healing process that never quite ends. So today we remember our angel in heaven and the blessings of the Gospel that help us in knowing that we will be with our daughter again. This picture is one of many favorites of Kaylie. This was the day before she died, her blessing day. I remember getting her ready and the nurse who had been through alot with us did everything he could to help us cover the many wires and tubes with white burp cloths. When the time came to bless her, Kaylie shone just like you would imagine an angel would because of the sun coming in through the window reflecting off the white of her dress.
We haven't planned alot because Robert is extremely busy at work, but my sister is coming up today and after she gets here, I think we will go to her headstone and release 28 balloons for the 28 days she was with us, thanks to a dear friend for the suggestion. I feel that that is a special and very appropriate way to recognize the passing of our daughter as the actual experience felt very simliar; when we were ready, we allowed her to be released from her pain and suffering and she floated peacefully from this world to the next.
We want to thank all of you who have been with us through everything and hope that you also are blessed with peace and comfort in reassuring your testimony of eternal families.

8 comments:

Tara said...

I feel so blessed that I was able to meet her. My heart is with you guys today (and always).

Leslie said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt expression of the love we all share for Kaylie. I wish with all my heart I could be with you today, but know that my heart is with you. I love you all. Love, Mom

Colleen said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us today. I hope it is a beautiful day and you can feel Kaylie's love. I will send prayers your way today.

Katie said...

What a sweet post! I am so glad the day is a beautiful one for you to spend remembering her. Great idea with the balloons too.
love you.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

you and yours are in our thoughts today. What a good reminder to treasure our loved ones while we are here.

Melanie Hensley said...

you are the best parents. Kaylie is watching over you and loves you very much. Hang in there. It does get better. We love you and miss you. Hugs and kisses.

Josh and Melanie

Lisa Lines said...

What a beatiful little girl. I admire your courage and you press forward while looking back. I can't wait to meet her sweet spirit in the next life, if I live the way I am supposed to. So beautiful in her blessing dress.

c a n d a c e said...

I love this post, Christine. Thank you for having such an incredible outlook and eternal perspective on this. I love you.
-love you-