Friday

Making Sense of Senseless Things

I found out yesterday that one of my nursing teachers, who is now in my ward, was killed in a horrible accident in front of her husband and students in another country. As I heard the news, I was in shock. This was completely unexpected and devastating and it was hard to know why this wonderful woman had been taken in such a tragic way. But the Gospel lends us the support we need when we feel we are about to fall over from the weight of it all and for that I am grateful. If you wouldn't mind adding an extra family to your prayers this week as they grieve the loss of a wife, mother, and grandmother and continue to search for her body so they can have closure, it would mean alot to them and to me.
Kaylie's anniversary was actually not as devastating as I thought it might be. My older sister drove up to spend the afternoon with me, which made the day go by much better and much quicker and Sam loved being doted upon. The top picture is of the balloons we released, which was very......comforting, if that is the right word to use?
After the balloons, we went to dinner all together and just enjoyed being together with family. Thanks to Candace for taking pictures to help us remember the day and for being there to support us in our day of remembrance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the balloons!

c a n d a c e said...

I was honored to be a part of it all. I love you guys - thank you for allowing me to drive up and stay with you. I could gobble Sammy up!!
Your nursing teacher and her family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry.
*loves*

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I needed your post. thanks for what you said. It is hard to make sense of so many things--but I'm so grateful for the gospel and for good examples like your family!