Saturday

I Lied

Ok, so I lied when I said that these were alot of potatoes when Robert brought them home around a month ago;THESE ARE ALOT OF POTATOES!!!
A farmer in our stake donated one of his potato fields for anyone who wanted to to come take as many as they wanted. They had both russet and red potatoes, but since I can get russet anytime I want to, I stuck with the red potatoes. It was really great, too because they had already dug up the potatoes, so it was very little work to get so many.
I am planning to give some away to friends, but the others I think I am going to can so that the work of washing, peeling, and dicing are already done and I can just take out a quart and put it in either for mashed potatoes or I can add them to a roast or whatever.

6 comments:

Team Skousen said...

Sweet mother that is a lot of potatoes! mmmm yummy potato meals are in your future!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a load!

c a n d a c e said...

Ok Canning Queen of the Whatcotts :) Quit making us feel like bad Mormons - JK

Justin, Kelli, Estin & Eli said...

Christine... I miss you!!! Looks like you've been BUSY! Wow! You AMAZE me!!! Sorry I haven't called you back (I was really sick when you called) BAD friend I am!!! I updated our blog! I love you! I'll call you this week!

Ashlee said...

Wow! That's a lot of work, but they look so yummy! I love red potatoes. Oh, by the way. We are going to be in town from Oct.15-18 for Nate's parents speaking in church.

Brianna Tuckett said...

I know you don't know me well, but I stumbled across your blog and am a friend of Robert's. I canned potatoes last year and learned a cool trick that I think might be helpful. The lady I canned with just put the potatoes in the washing machine on a rinse and spin cycle! I know it sounds CRAZY, but it really works and is sooo nice because then you don't have to wash or peel them and it is perfectly safe for your washer. It doesn't work with a front loading washer, but if you have an upright it's pretty nifty. Good luck with all your canning endeavors! :)
Brianna