Monday

Harvest Competition

Ok, so here are the competition results between me and my good friend, Ashlee (this is only for kicks and giggles and is not to be taken seriously) *To be taken under consideration: I have never grown a garden before, nor have my parents and Ashlee has experience with both, actually her dad is a pro at gardening* The top picture are cucumbers. Mine are the three on the bottom and Ashlee's the top. Yay, I win!
Next, we have tomatoes. Ashlee's are the gigantic ones along the right hand side and mine are the six in the middle. Yeah, Ashlee won this one.

And last, but not least, onions. Umm, yeah. There pretty much is no competition from me in this department. But I have found a fantastic use for these extremely miniature onions: salads and cooking them with my chicken which I put on top of cooked spaghetti squash with a little Preggo. Yummmmm!

So if anyone nearby needs any tomatoes, this is only half of what I have.

Or peaches, those I have a few of too! They aren't ripe, though. We had to pick them because the big storm last night blew a branch down off the little tree that is half-dead anyway, so a few days in the sun and these babies will be ready for enjoyment!
Hope you all enjoyed the results of the competition and hopefully next year I can provide more of a challenge to Ashlee! :) (hope you don't mind, Ash)

5 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

I LOVE your little onions! lol. Congrats on all that you grew though, that's so good! Especially as your first time!

Team Skousen said...

Hey just think, you won't have to do as much onion cutting! I think they are cute!

Corinne said...

Way to go, Idaho!!!

Tasha said...

Way to go in growing your garden! It's awesome. If you want to make tomato juice for homemade tomato soup. It's actually pretty good. I could help you this next week!

Ashlee said...

That's pretty funny to see them side by side!! Great job on the cucumbers...it must be because I don't even like cucumbers so they don't care to grow for me...