Monday

Yellowstone

Forgive me, I uploaded the pictures in backwards order, but oh well. On Saturday and Sunday this last weekend, I believe it was all the national parks were waiving the entrance fee. Robert had to work on Saturday (no big surprise) so we decided to take what we could get as far as family time/summer trips and drove up Sunday to see the sites and wildlife Yellowstone had to offer. And everyone knows you can't visit Yellowstone without seeing Old Faithful, so here she is blowing up. We actually hit it just right with it erupting just as we walked up and again just as we were getting done walking around the boardwalk.
Here Sam is at the end of the day. He was so miserably tired, but we pushed him through it anyway and we think he had fun. It was quite a bit colder than we expected and me being me, I didn't think to bring sweatshirts, so Sam and I got sweatshirts as momentos of our visit.

Sammy getting to ride up top. Don't you just love the colors in this one? It was a beautiful but cool day and we enjoyed being out in nature.

Ok, there were tons of these, so I am only posting a few, but they were all unique and cool to look at. It is just amazing to think that they are naturally so active and so hot! We saw a sign that said that the water gets hot enough to scald people to death and that the acid in the water is strong enough to eat away your boots! Needless to say, we stayed on the walkways.

Walking the trail. Sammy just loved spending time with his Daddy outside = total bliss.

Ok, this picture is specifically for those of you who actually requested a photo showing me midway through my weight loss. But don't expect too many more until all of it is gone (I'm about a third of the way there)! ;)

I just loved this one because it was so clear and blue and just simply gorgeous!

So one thing we learned when we went to Yellowstone is that it takes FOREVER to get from place to place and FOREVER to get out. On the way in, traffic was stopped completely and for no reason that we could see. We'd been stopped for about 10 min or so, when we see what the delay was: buffalo! Yes, there were two running alongside the river, down from the road, but two cars ahead of us, they decided to turn and come up on the road! I gotta tell you, these things are big and it is scary to see them running at you, even if you are in a car! Thankfully they didn't ram the car they were heading for, but turned and kept running downriver, right past our car as you can see in this picture. Definitely an experience I won't forget!

Sammy getting Daddy. Don't worry, we are stopped for traffic. See above explanation.

4 comments:

Stacy Smith said...

I would like to visit Yellowstone with the kids. We saw a lot of things on our trip this summer but we didn't have enough time to see Yellowstone. Another year. It looked like you had a nice time touring it. The traffic and wildlife are all part of the experience

Tenika Dennis said...

Yellowstone is so fun and beautiful, I'm glad you had the opportunity to go! My husband and I almost went, but we didn't feel up to the drive...

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Looks like you had fun! And you look great!

Team Skousen said...

You look great! Yellowstone looks like fun! I heard about that free day...but I guess we just got too busy!