Saturday

Potatoes

Look at all the potatoes Robert brought home for me!
Ok, I have a funny story I meant to blog about before, but forgot until I was sitting there scrubbing all these potatoes thinking how long they would last. A while ago, I was making fish and mashed potatoes for dinner, but when I went to grab some potatoes, I discovered I only had two left. I thought, "Crap, now what am I gonna do?" With no time to run to the store and not wanting to figure out something else to make, I decided I would just make the potatoes and if there wasn't enough, then I wouldn't have any.
So I wash, peel, cut, boil, and drain the potatoes. When I go to put them in the Kitchen Aid to mash them up, I'm thinkin' "There's alot here for only two potatoes" When we sit down to dinner, we start eating and not only is there enough for all three of us, who all LOVE mashed potatoes, but there is even plenty extra! I guess I had always been skeptical of the saying that one Idaho potato could feed a whole family, but apparently the saying can be true!
Robert couldn't believe it either when I told him that only two potatoes had made that much mashed potatoes! Gotta love Idaho!

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Now that is a lot of potatoes!

Kelly said...

that is a lotta tatters!