Monday

Biggest News First

Ok, there are a ton of posts about my family reunion that was last week, but before you get to those, I have to share my best news first. We heard back from the geneticist at Primary Children's Hospital and my genetic test came back normal! It is a huge relief to know we are partway through this waiting game and so far we don't have anything to worry about. Although I shouldn't have been worried about me because I would tease Robert that if anything was wrong, the screw up would be him ;)
My other really great news is that I reached my first major goal with Weight Watchers! I have lost 10% of my starting weight! They give you this metal loop thingy, I don't really know what it's for, but it is going on my keys to remind me that I can keep going! With reaching this goal, I am also one third of the way to my lifetime goal weight, I am so excited and proud that I am doing it.
Anyways, now you can scroll down and read the stories and see the cute pictures of our last week. Although Robert was unable to come, we had a pretty good time. We were at a rental vacation house in Donnelly, Idaho (2 hours north of Boise) and we had a great time despite some poor weather!

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! That is fantastic!! Keep up the good work. Also, very good to hear that everything is normal on your side :) As for the Skousen's, that is another story... ha ha ha. Ok, sorry Bob, you are normal too :)

Steph said...

What great news - both the DNA results and the weight loss!! You go, girl!

Looks like you all had a great time at the reunion as well. Thanks for sharing!

Love ya,

Aunt Steph

Melanie Hensley said...

I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You have a cute boy, so everything has to be good! And you were looking good before I left, I can't wait to see you know! You need to post pictures of you!

Team Skousen said...

WOW that is so awesome! Congrats on the 10% loss. I bet you feel great! It looks like you had a grat vacation too. I am jealous!