Tuesday

Getting Closer

Our little Amy is getting closer to walking every day. Here is a little video of her using the walking toy we found when Sam was her age for $2 at DI. She hasn't really been thrilled with this toy since she dumped it over on herself the first time she tried it out, but yesterday I finally got her to start walking around with it a little more and she is starting to realize that she just may enjoy using it to get around :)
 The other day Sam was down for a nap and I was just letting Amy do her thing, but then I realized it was really quiet and all moms know that if it is quiet, that means there's trouble about. And that day was no exception. Someone (which would me) had left a box of cereal within reach and Amy thought she would take advantage of the situation.
 Scenes like this are not uncommon in our house these days, whether it is books, clothes, or food, Amy is usually surrounded in something. Gotta love this stage! One of her favorite things to do is to head over to the laundry room where Daddy takes off his muddy boots and she eats the dirt clods. Truly eats them! Her mud mouth reminds me so much of our first trip to Mexico and my then-baby brother, Daniel, would eat the sand on the beach by the mouthful.
It's hard to believe that this little Miss is going to be turning 1 year this weekend! We are excited for the milestone, but passes so quickly! Robert groaned when we were talking about birthday gifts last night and he realized that we are going to start doing "princess" everything :) Oh how things change!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

She's so cute! I can't believe she eats the dirt. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it.