Friday

Flowers and Kids

 Here are a few pictures I took of Amy the other day in her new capri's she got for her birthday

 And of the little buns I did at the back of her hair. We are trying to branch out a little bit more on what we do with her hair, but it is still tough. The top is a little longer, but not much thicker yet and the middle back of her hair is so much shorter than the sides that it is difficult to get all of the bottom of her hair in to any particular hairstyle. But we make the effort and are usually rewarded with comments from strangers when we are out :)
 My flowerbed! Finally all the flowers are planted. Well, most of them. I haven't decided what to do with the snapdragon situation because I can't seem to find any purple ones, which is what I had planned on alternating with the reddish/orange so now I have to sit and think for a while until I come up with something I like.
 But for now, I really like the color combination we have gone with. It seems like it is the same every year, but the different variety of flowers we choose really help it to feel different. Along the back right next to the porch Sam and I planted a bunch of seed flowers that will come up later. Those are a variety of pinks, reds, and whites. Then we have the reddish/orange snapdragons and along the front are yellow marigolds and blue lobelias. The boxes have red and purple wave petunias in them. I have always admired the wave petunias, but haven't been able to find them for sale to plant in your own container until this year, so I am really excited to see them get huge! The large plant you see in the picture below is a lilac bush someone gave to us that somehow survived the winter and is growing nicely (we were given two and put one on each side of the garage, but the other one didn't make it. Now what to do?

 A picture of Miss Amy today after spending a good amount of time outside while Mommy helped weed and big brother played with friends. Yeah, she has a bad mommy who forgot all about sunscreen so her poor little face and arms got roasted.

 Sam wanted a silly picture.
 Here you can see her sunburn a little better. I vow to be better at remembering the sunscreen and making her wear her little sun hat, even if she doesn't like it.
 Proof that my baby cries, too.
 But look at how she lights up when she sees her big brother. Melts my heart.
 I thought this picture of both kids grumpy was kind of cute/funny. Sam was doing the face on purpose, but Amy wasn't.
I don't know what's up with the purple line (that isn't on our picture, it's just how it uploaded), but I liked the look Sam is giving you here. He definitely knows how to pose for the camera when he wants to!

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

That picture of Amy and Sam looking all angry cracks me up! Sorry.

Unknown said...

Oh, Baby sunburns always make me feel so guilty.