Monday

Picture-less

I have been really terrible at taking pictures lately. As demonstrated by this being the only picture from our fun day of St. Patrick's celebrations. So I will just tell you about what we did. For breakfast we had green milk and rainbow waffles. Then for lunch we had this fruit rainbow with gold at the end. For snack we had rainbow jello. Then for dinner we had green eggs and ham with rolls. It was loads of fun and Sam thought it was pretty cool. We ended up going to town, too in order to run a bunch of errands I had been unable to do earlier in the week and I let Sam bring some of his money from his piggy bank so he could buy a new toy at the toy store (Toys R Us). He was quite frustrated that he could not buy many of the cool, big toys he wanted with his four dollars, but we were finally able to find a really cool Superman car that did the trick. Then we had to stop by the animal store (Petco) on our way back to the car. It was a pretty fun day. And since I forgot on Saturday, we did a rainbow with fruit loops today as our activity.
And then there's me and all my little projects that have been going on lately. JoAnn's had a coupon bonaza at the beginning of the month and I made full use of those discounts by buying six different fabrics to make who knows what cuteness for Amy, probably bigger bibs now that she is eating real food and will be moving into the really messy eating stage soon. I made a dress (and no, I didn't get a pic of this one, either) for my niece for her birthday. I've been working on some new headbands and hairbows for Amy (as seen above). I also decided to try combining two ideas I saw on Pinterest for some decor in our guest bedroom and my craft room. I bought $! store vases, painted them on the inside so it looks like they came already painted and then I made cutesy flowers out of buttons with floral wire attached to sticks that I will place in the vases. It turned out pretty cute, hopefully I will remember to post pictures of those sometime, but I wouldn't count on it. And now my current project is making seat cushions for Robert's sandrail. I bought some leather-like stuff, some 2 inch foam and am going to attempt to cover the foam with the leather and stitch some good solid pieces of velcro to the undersides to hold them on the stiff seat shells. They need to be able to come off so Robert can access the engine, otherwise this project would be much simpler. Hopefully I can pull this off without it looking too terrible. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

.candace. said...

Don't fret, sis - I will get a picture of Kinley in the cute lil dress you made her (with the bows) and will send it to you :)