Sunday

Here's a picture of Miss Amy with her hair clipped back. We have been experimenting with different ways to do the little wisps of hair she that has. Currently my favorite is to do two little ponytails on the bottom (probably because that is where she has the most hair, thus being easiest to do) but I love using this ity-bity clips, too! Today for church I did a ponytail right on top with a clip helping hold the hair in and then one of the hairbows I made for her clipped in front - a fun look for Sunday.I peeked in on Amy the other day during her nap to make sure she was really sleeping and found out just how effective the mesh bumper pads are :)
And this weekend was our little open house for people to come see our house/basement. I tried a couple ideas from Pinterest I have been dying to have a reason to make.
First was these, called Slutty Brownies, which surprisingly ended up being almost too much goodness in one treat. That is serious coming from someone like me who can pound down more than just a few cookies or brownies in one sitting. I don't know why, but the combination of chocolate chip cookie, Oreo, AND brownie all in one bar was just a little too much. I really only wanted one and was satisfied - crazy!
The other thing I tried were these strawberry cream cheese cookies. They were pretty good, but I like strawberry alot so it isn't hard to please. Basically they are a strawberry cake mix made into cookies with a simple (and not my favorite) cream cheese icing. Good to try, but I think I like my Ande mint cookies better. Thanks to all those who came to see the place, enjoy our goodies and just chat - it was so fun to catch up with you!!

3 comments:

Devin and Andrea said...

Little Amy's hair looks so cute clipped back! That's nice you can do a small ponytail too. I made those same cookie dough/oreo/brownie treats and I was the same way! One piece was almost too much for me! haha. Wish we were closer so we could see your house!

Tenika Dennis said...

I love, love, love her hair! And thanks again for the opportunity to come see the basement and eat yummy treats and just chat!

c a n d a c e said...

I'm coming up soon, sis, and you will HAVE to make your Andes cookies - Nom Nom!! :) Love Amy's cute chubby arm sticking out. Lol.