Sunday

Sammy Turns 4

Our big guy turned 4 yesterday - I can hardly believe he is four already! Here he is sporting his very own Captain America costume to go along with the shield he got for Christmas from his best buddy Josh (and Josh's mommy). Josh has a costume just like this his mom made for Halloween a year or two ago and every time Sam goes over he asks to wear it. So now they both have costumes and shields and can play superheroes all day long.
I think he likes it, what about you?
Opening his piggy bank. After reading about Little Critter saving his money in his piggy bank, Sam has repeatedly asked for a red piggy bank of his own. This one fits the bill because you can paint it yourself - a fun project to keep him busy this last week of basement construction.
Lion King!
Angry birds bean bag toss game. At $3 how could I resist?
I think Daddy likes Sam's new Thor helmet as much as Sam does

Awesome Captain America and Red Skull cars from Uncle Mitch.
Sam was very excited about getting his very own flashlight
A new puzzle because most of our other ones are missing pieces we have played with them so much!

Sam and Josh knew just what to do when Sam's "big" present came out!
Peeking at the "big" present
Blowing out the candles on his shield cake

The cake - Devilishly Good Chocolate cake with cream cheese icing and mint chocolate chip ice cream

And the three superhero capes I made for his birthday with help from Robert's mom (she cut the symbols with her Cricut for me out of iron-on vinyl.
I can't tell you how frustrating these capes ended up being. First I bought WAY too much fabric and then I realized I bought the pattern that was boys sizes instead of little boys. So then I tried to shrink it down myself without really measuring and it just wasn't working. Then I sort of messed up the vinyl on the Spiderman cape. But knowing how much he loves and will continue to love playing with these capes makes all the work, frustration, and headaches worth it!

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

It looks like his birthday was a success, and I think the capes look great. I can tell he loves them. :) Happy Birthday to Sam!

c a n d a c e said...

Love it sis!!! :)