Monday

Truck Cake

This is the picture that I found that was my inspiration. I know it doesn't look exactly the same but it's the general idea, right?

Well, here it is - the truck cake! It didn't turn out quite how I had in mind, but my cakes rarely ever do. Thankfully the person I did this cake for only requested a chocolate truck cake and left the rest up to me, so less stress.

Overall I think it turned out pretty cute, though and I hope the little boy will just be so excited that he got a truck cake for his 4th birthday that all the imperfections will be overlooked. I tried a homemade devil's food cake (which was very yummy and super moist, which is partly why I had so many issues) and put a layer of homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting in the middle with canned vanilla icing on the outside to get the red color (another major part of my issues)

Little Debbie chocolate covered donuts and M&M's make up the wheels. Crushed chocolate graham cookies, pretzels, and M&M's make up the "trash" in the back and a white chocolate bar for the windows and front grill of the truck complete it.

I would definitely like to try this one again and do many things different so that it comes out better, but overall it's still a fun cake and I think the family will be pleasantly surprised.

2 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Very cute! I would love you chocolate frosting recipe. I have yet to find a good chocolate one.

Julie Barnes said...

Oh I love it!!!