Wednesday

Gearing Up for Halloween

Well, we are getting ready for Halloween here in Rigby, Idaho as I am sure most of you are, too. Today was our first opportunity to wear costumes to the Halloween storytime. My camera started wiggin' out afterwards, so I only have a few pictures. Above is Sam as a cowboy with his friend, Josh, who is a pirate along with his sister, brother and mommy - very cute!

And here's little Amy before we left for storytime in her borrowed ladybug costume. I love that it is stuffed with filling and the leggings are a thick cotton, so she actually stays pretty warm.

And this is Sam yesterday when he came home from preschool. He was so excited to tell me all about picking out his pumpkin and his bat ears he made and about singing the songs about the witch and the spider (no, I have no idea what songs he is talking about - one of the bummer things about preschool). We carved pumpkins last night with Daddy, but we have one more to find a face for and then we can take pictures to post.

Today I am working on cake #3 in three days, for Robert's friend's girlfriend. It is the Almost Too Much Chocolate cake with a bow and a few of the curly things in black and pink to dress it up a little - should be fun!

Tomorrow Sam gets to dress up again for his preschool Halloween party, which he has been so excited for ever since they told him about it LAST WEEK (thank you ever so much preschool teachers) and while he's at school I get to go take the test to get an Idaho driver's license (I know, such a procrastinator) since my Utah one has finally expired.

We missed our ward's trunk-or-treat (that's what I get for missing church for 3 weeks in a row - don't know anything) so we are hoping to maybe try out the Boo at the Zoo this year and maybe even hit a corn maze before the season is done.

3 comments:

Lisa Lines said...

Cute costumes! Amy is getting so big.

Stacy said...

They are both so cute. I didn't realize how cold it was there for you guys. Have a great, WARM, Halloween.

PS - Juliana was a ladybug her first Halloween also. So cute!

Tenika Dennis said...

I don't know if you would be interested, but I signed up for texts from Craigo's (I guess technically Pizza Pie Cafe...) and if you go to the corn maze by Big Jud's you can get $2 off your admission with the text (I could forward it to you) and then you can get a coupon for a dinner and drink at Craigo's for $6.49.