Saturday

My First 5K

So tonight I ran my first 5K. We did really well for it being our first. Our time was somewhere around 44 minutes or so which wasn't really fast, but all that matters is that we finished and we weren't the last ones.
On the left is Bec and on the right is Julie. Julie is the friend I have been training with in the mornings doing the Couch to 5K program. We were both really proud to have reached this point where we can run for 30 or 40 minutes without stopping. Neither one of us thought we were the running type and we still may not be, but we have learned that we can push through and finish.

Go mommies!!

6 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Congrats! That is awesome! Way to go! Someday I may do one, we shall see. Running isn't my thing, but my husband loves it! That is cool that you did one! Go mommies!

Kelly said...

Good for you!

Julie Barnes said...

SO AWESOME!! Congratulations! I remember my first 5k, it was SO hard and I thought I was going to die, but I finished. You are doing great. Running is the hardest best thing for your body.

Tenika Dennis said...

Great job, Christine!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Christine!

Andrea said...

Good job! You look good!