Thursday

Cake #3 and Pumpkins

So here is my third and final cake for the week. I didn't take a picture of cake #2 because it was a simple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and no decorations, so nothing to really show. This one turned out fairly cute. It is the now fabulously famous Almost Too Much Chocolate Cake with black and pink decor on top (birthday girl's favorite colors)

I used buttercream to attach the curly things and dusted the loops of the bow with pearl dust to add a little sparkle. We took it with us to dinner at T.G.I. Fridays where we enjoyed some time with other adults while Sam played with a friend. I also have to add that this is the first cake I have been paid to do, which is exciting! Onward and upward!

And here are our three pumpkins sitting on the porch. We didn't get around to carving pumpkin #4 because of the dinner last night, but Sam and I found some of the battery operated candles at the local variety store and so we set out the pumpkins. I thought they looked pretty good and very Halloweenish! The big pumpkins we purchased from our neighbor, but since they were close to the last of the pumpkins and wouldn't stand up, we got them for $1 each instead of $3 each - gotta love a good deal!

1 comment:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Cute cake! And pumpkins! I like the simple cake with a little decor on top, and I loved the colors! They pop!