Thursday

Zoo Adventures

My friend and I have been meaning to take the kids to the Idaho Falls Zoo for a while and finally got around to it this week. It was kinda small, but it was a beautiful day and not very many people were there so we had a great time walking around seeing the different animals they had. Amy was a little grouchy and I spent most of the time wrestling with her and trying to push the empty double stroller with one hand, hence the lack of pictures of the kids.

Black swans

Cranes - we were able to watch the employees feed these massive birds. They like to take the fish and swallow it and spit it back out over and over and over again. Sam was quite afraid that these birds were going to eat us, too.

Giant turtles

A leemer. He came right up to the glass where Lily was standing and put his hand out by hers, it was so cute! We all loved the different monkeys they had.

They had a few peacocks just running around the place, which was kind of neat. None of them had the full plume of feathers, though. We were also able to watch the penguins be fed (no picture, though)

We waited for a few minutes for our friends to meet us, so we grabbed a picture of each kiddo ready for the zoo.

Miss Amy. Still isn't real good at sitting up, even if she is strapped in.

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

I love the Idaho Falls Zoo!

Unknown said...

Boy oh boy, pushing an empty double stroller is just so frustrating! "At least one of you sit in this thing!" I would aften say under my breath. I totally had a laugh when I read your blog because THIS is my blog on our visit to the zoo with me pushing our empty double stroller 5 years ago. Parenting never changes.