Thursday

Not Much Happening

So not much has been going on lately. Just trudging on through one day at a time. Little Amster is doing well, she is six weeks old today. We are now free of the nipple shield and I have figured out that my children's unique isuue is they don't know how to stop eating. I am thinking this is why Sam spit up so much, but it is just a theory. I started limiting Amy to only 10 minutes on each side and things are going swell. She doesn't spit up hardly at all if we stick to the 10 minute rule and she is on a fairly regular schedule of eating every 3 hours with a longer stretch at night of 4 to 6 hours. Sometimes we even get a long stretch during the day, too, which is so nice for when we are trying to run errands! She has her periods of wakefulness, but still sleeps alot and we are starting to see smiles both when she is awake and when she is sleeping - the best part of being a mommy!
Sam still loves his baby sister so much and both of us are adjusting to how to keep him entertained while Mommy takes care of baby Amy. Robert is really excited for this weekend of fishing/other guy stuff with my dad and the other brothers-in-law in the family. I'm going to be making two cakes here shortly. First off I am making the Almost Too Much Chocolate Cake for Robert and Ben on Father's Day and then I am plotting out how to decorate the cake for my niece's birthday. Her mommy is making the cake and I will be decorating it going along the lines of Rainbow Brite. I have the fondant made and colored so far and I think Saturday I will start working on the rainbows and stars. The thing I want to try with this cake is wrapping strips of fondant around dowels to try, making super cute curly Q's. Pictures will come once it all comes together! Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend appreciating our Daddios!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy to see things are going along fine. Loves to the kiddos!!

Tenika Dennis said...

Sleeping baby pictures are so sweet! I love them! I'm glad things are going so well for you!