Sunday

More Pictures and Another Cake

We have another birthday coming up but with family coming in to town for a reunion, we decided to celebrate today, so here are a couple pics of my latest, but definitely not greatest, cake. The little gal wanted a chocolate cake, so we did a chocolate fudge cake and frosting with fresh chopped raspberries for filling.

I wanted to do a bow again and try some of the funky edged cutters, so I let Karalie pick her favorite color (I know it looks wierd, but it is really red) and went at it. I also tried the quilted look this time, but due to lack of preparation, time and forethought this cake just didn't turn out like I had imagined. But that is how we learn and get better and hopefully I will get another chance to make a fantastic cake for this little lady.

Both kiddos ready for church - such cute kids!


Big brother posing with little sister - I have to post this story somewhere so I won't forget when this happened so here goes: yesterday was a long day. Good, but very long and Mommy was REALLY tired by the end and had little patience. Well, Sam was getting ready for bed and decided to wipe his poopy bum on the carpet instead of with a wet wipe and so frustrated, tired Mommy yelled. Of course he went in running to Daddy and as I was trying to calm down, I hear from the kitchen in a teary voice "Mommy doesn't love me anymore" Isn't that so sad? I think Sam has been having a harder time adjusting to Amy than I have realized because he has relapsed on staying dry both during the day and at night and now this. So I am now resolved to have greater patience for my son and make a greater effort to give him extra time and attention from Mommy.

Amy looked so beautiful in this dress for church today! But the silky fabric sure does make them hard to hold on to!

My angel girl sleeping the day away after an afternoon of shopping. Amy had a blowout so intense that we had to buy her a new outfit (I'm a little rusty at being prepared for such events) but it was fun to have an excuse to buy her a new very pretty sundress.



I had to post a pic of Amy in her rainbow dress after doing the rainbow cake. Robert's mom got this for Amy for Christmas and it is just so adorable!!

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

They look so cute in their church outfits!!!

c a n d a c e said...

LOVE THE OUTFITS!! Poor Sammy boy, you are a wonderful Mommy - and I promise he will grow into this adjustment.
Love you.