Saturday

Home Decorating

Yesterday we had a fun day here with the Potter gals since the Daddys were in Utah having a guys weekend. We were able to get some great stuff done here that I have been dying to get around to like putting up the vinyl sayings my MIL cut out for us when she was visiting a while back. The top picture is the saying in the hallway down to the bedrooms.

Next is my family wall which I am SOOO excited about finally getting around to putting together!! This is what you see when you walk in the front door. This vinyl has been waiting for over a year to make its appearance on the wall, but I have been so scared to do it alone and have it get messed up and that is what everyone sees when they come to our home. When Robert gets back we will put up the 11X14 family picture below the saying and then below that will be 5X7's of our children, including Kaylie. I have some vinyl that says "Our Angel in Heaven" to put around Kaylie's picture but I can't decide if I want to put it on the wall or try and get a frame wide enough to have it on the frame. I think I want to go with on the frame because I think the best idea for spacing the kids' pictures is to mark 5 nail spaces and right now we can put the current three kids in the center and then move them over as we add more kiddos to the clan.

Also eventually I would like to have two black shelves on either side of the family picture to put my Willow Tree figurines on one and our molds from Kaylie's hands and feet on the other and then have the top of the piano cleared off.

And finally we have my laundry room. I love the color this adds and the saying has always made me smile because as moms we really do spend alot of time doing the chores like laundry, cooking, and cleaning and this helps me to remember it is a part of life and I need to do my best to enjoy it.

We were also able to do a ton of laminating with my sister's machine and we also worked on the baby quilt I am making for a friend trying to figure out the placement of the pieces within the quilt. Thanks so much to Auntie Corinne and the girls for joining us yesterday - it was a blast ending with personal pizzas and homemade butterscotch ice cream!!

3 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Good Heavens, I certainly missed out this weekend!! However, getting engaged may top that -just barely ;)
Love you & miss you all!!!

Tenika Dennis said...

It looks so cute!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Looks cute! That is my favorite part of moving! I can't wait to do it again, start over in a new, to me, house!!! Your house is looking way cute! I love the laundry room saying and the idea of ones down the hall! Way cute!!!