Thursday

It Is Finished - well, almost

Look at all my hard work on display. And yes, I know that the shelves are bowing, but they will be ok. Especially if Robert keeps eating the plum jelly at the rate he is going, I don't know if 41 pints will be enough until next year! :)
And here are all the red potatoes Julie and I so lovingly pressure cooked over the course of two or three days. All I have to say is they look mighty nice and better be worth it! So, the canning is almost closed for the season in our household. Just going to use up the last of my quart jars making homemade apple juice with a friend to see how we all like it.

Our good friends are back from Boise for a quick visit and while her husband was at work, my friend came over and we wanted to do something crafty, so we decided to try out this idea from Make It and Love It. You make a pumpkin using grapevine and floral wire. It turned out to be quite a bit harder than it looked and took some time, but she was able to work magic with hers.
Mine on the other hand........as you can see, I'm not good at everything I attempt, but she was gracious enough to offer her assistance to try and make it salvageable. I think my next attempt will be significantly smaller...we'll see!

4 comments:

Team Skousen said...

WOW! You guys are going to be set for winter! I am jealous of your skills...me and canning haven't become friends yet! Jam sounds SUPER good!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Looks like you have been busy. And your pumpkin doesn't look that bad. Keep trying, it is a way cute idea!

c a n d a c e said...

Wow, sis, great job!!! I like your pumpkin - and I am proud of you for trying. :)
Sweeet!!!!

Unknown said...

You are awesome. We have a kajillion apples that I would love to can, but I never learned how. If you happen to have a burning desire to come visit UT, you can show me the ropes and take home some applesauce and apple butter. :)