Thursday

Coping with the Cold

So yesterday Idaho decided it had had enough summer and that winter would set in - literally! It snowed yesterday! So today we decided to help warm up the house by doing some canning, again. I know, you are probably tired of hearing about my canning endeavors, but that's pretty much all that is going on in our boring lives (don't worry, I still have plums and potatoes to talk about.... when they get done!)
My wonderful, fantastic friend came over and again helped me with canning and this time we did peaches - so yummy!! Sam really likes peaches and when we were visiting my sister in Washington last fall, she brought out some frozen peaches to put on waffles and Robert and I loved them, so I thought this would be a great thing to can. So here are my 19 pints of beautifully canned peaches. We are definitely going to be eating better this winter with all sorts of canned, homemade foods and an entire cow (from Robert's boss) to provide meat all year long!

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

I wish we lived close by... I could use some help cannig. Looks like fun!!

Corinne said...

Nice looking peaches!! Hooray for the cow, potatoes, and all that other yummy stuff to eat - it's so nice to feel all stocked up for the winter! I'm glad you found a canning buddy - it's always better with help than by yourself! Love ya TONS!!!

Unknown said...

Meat, veggies, and fruit, your pyramid is looking good!

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!! You guys will never have to leave the house this winter. lol- I really wanted to can stuff this year but I just haven't doneit yet.

Team Skousen said...

It snowed??? WOW! Hard to believe it is that time of year already :)