Thursday

Baby Tag











Ok, so my friend Melissa just did this for her sweet 2 month old Lucas and I thought it would be fun to do for Sammy, since he just turned 1! I will have to do it again in 3 or 4 months, though when our little girl arrives, too so everyone can find out the juicy details we tend to forget to tell everyone! Anyone who would like to do this for their baby/infant/toddler/kids is welcome to!!

Remember, this is for Sammy:
1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? In our apartment in Washington
2- Who was with you? Robert
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? I did a home pregnancy test. Then, I didn't trust it, so I went out and bought two other kinds and tried them, but they all read the same (to my relief)
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? "I'm so excited it finally happened!"
5- Who was the first person you told? We told our moms because it was Mother's Day and thought it would be a great present
6-Did you plan to get pregnant? Yes, we had been trying for two or three months
7-Was everybody happy for you? Yes, everyone was excited
8- Did you go out and celebrate? Not really
9- Did you want to find out the sex? Of course!!
10- What was the sex? Well, they first told us it was a girl, but then at the end of the ultrasound, he came out of hiding and we were so thrilled it was a boy!! (we both kinda wanted a boy first)
11-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes
12- If yes, who? My visiting teacher at the time
13- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? No, I got all cute and adorable stuff
14- How much weight did you gain? Do I really have to tell? Ok, well, I think it was around 30-40 pounds, but I wasn't sure on my weight before I got preggo because I had been going up and down...
15- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? Unfortunately, no. I got preggo again before I could lose it all, which means I will have that much more to lose after this one! Grrr!
16- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? Yes, I have very irritable skin
17- What did you crave the most? I craved sugar
18- Did you crave anything crazy? Not really, I would just see something and then HAVE to have it, like caramels, ice cream, and starbursts for example
19- Who or what got on your nerves the most? That no one thought I was pregnant. On my due date (as if being depressed about not going into labor wasn't enough) I had someone say "Oh, you're pregnant?" My continuous thoughts were: "No, I'm just this fat ALL the time!"
20- Were you married at the time? Yep, and still am!
21- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Not a one!
22- Where were you when you went into labor? At my parent's house when the contractions started, but actual labor, I was at home
23- Did your water break? The doctor did it when he got to the hospital to check on me
24- Who drove you to the hospital? My hubby (three times)
25- Did you stay at the hospital after arriving? No, I wasn't progressing like they wanted, so I was sent home and came back 4 hours later in hard labor
26- Did you go early or late? Three days late
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Just my husband, but my parents were out in the hall getting a drink until the baby came
28- Was it video taped? No, it was difficult enough
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Yes, I had to have two epidurals
30-Did you go Natural or have a c-section? Natural
31- If natural, how long did you push? 15 minutes
32- What was your first reaction after giving birth? "He's finally here" and "He looks just like his Daddy!"
33- How big was the baby(s)? He was 9 pounds even and 22 inches long
34- Did your Husband cry? I don't think so
35- What did you name the baby(s)? Samuel Kent Skousen
36- Did the baby(s) have any complications? He struggled with his blood sugars being borderline for a while and then his bilirubin was also borderline for a few days, but nothing major
37- Who came to see you at the hospital? My parents (they were actually at the hospital), my little sister April, my two little brothers Daniel and Matthew, and my older sister Candace
38- How old is your baby today? One year and one day old
39- When is the next one(s) coming? Sometime around April 8th, 2009
40-If you could, would you do it all over again? I already am

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you did the tag. It was fun to read. I can't wait to find out all the details about your little girl.

Julie Barnes said...

What a great little survey! It makes me very excited to have my own little guy in 30 days! AND yes, I am planning to have an epidural as well... :)

.candace. said...

I love this!! It made me so warm and happy all over again for you. I can't believe it will only be another 2 months until another one!!

Love your older sis