Sunday

Projects and Sickness

This week started off with Daddy leaving for his big hunting trix to Texas. Of course while he was gone we all got sick and have been fighting it the rest of the week. We had fun this week getting the bulk of the Christmas shopping done. We also took some time to make some gingerbread and will be decorating houses with our friends later this week. The picture above is of the Lethal Peppermint Chocolate cake I did for my niece for her birthday which is today! Happy birthday, Natalie! She had asked for this flavor of cake and for it to be a nativity cake. Umm, no idea how I would do that, so we cheated and bought a nativity set to put on top of the cake and to be the birthday girl's present as well. It's the best I could come up with in two days and being sick, so hopefully she likes it.


Sam and Amy are both doing well. This little gal eats like a horse, it can be tough to keep up sometimes! She has really taken a liking to this little item a friend of mine told me about a while ago. It is a mesh pouch that you can put things in for the baby to chew on and get the taste of without actually eating the thing like bananas or strawberries. Sam loves hearing "his" Christmas songs from preschool on the radio.

And a few of the projects I have undertaken this week were a girl's dress for a friend (picture to come when it is completely finished) and replacing the zipper on Sam's winter coat. I was so mad he broke the zipper completely off this awesome coat that I found for only $10 and I really didn't want to go out and find another one, probably at full price. So I went to JoAnn's and used a coupon so if it didn't work, I only spent $1.85 trying to fix it. At first it looked like it might be tricky, but it worked quite nicely and now I don't have to buy him a new one! This week we will finish off the last few items of Christmas shopping and I will start working on a quilt for my nephew for Christmas (hopefully I can get it finished in time!) and Captain America PJ pants for Sam.

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

I'm impressed that you were able to do the zipper so easily! Good job!