Wednesday

Christmas Mayhem

So we have been busy just keeping up with all the holiday things that go on during this time of year. Mainly shopping and projects. One that has been in the works for over a year is this advent calendar. I purchased all the materials last year and began planning out how I wanted to make it. Then Christmas passed and I lost motivation, so everything went into a box that was left alone until this week. I really like how it came out and I am planning to add little cards to each slot of something the kids (and us adults, too I guess) can do each day as their gift to Christ. It is an idea I heard at our RS activity this month and I really liked how it helps to remember Christ each day leading up to Christmas, not just on Christmas Eve or during FHE.

After finishing it, I think it needs just a bit more, so I may add some vinyl numbers on the pouches, but we will have to see. All in all, I am glad to have it done and to have one more thing checked off my "To Do" list. I also made a play dress for Lilly, but don't have a picture of her in it yet, so stay tuned for that because I think it turned out super cute!!

Sam being silly with his grapes the other day.

It being Christmastime means loads of goodies! We did sugar cookies with the Potters at their house and then they came to ours to decorate gingerbread houses (Sam and I had done the gingerbread ourselves a week or so before) and the kids and mommies had lots of fun! Now that it is the week of Christmas we have been baking like crazy each day to have plenty of cookies and candies to do plates for friends and neighbors and just wait for the big day to come. Today they had Santa come visit at the library and you can see a picture of Sam on his lap on my facebook page. He wasn't quite as excited about it this year as he was last year, but oh well.

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

I love your advent calendar and the idea of doing something for Christ each day! What a great idea. I love your picture of Amy on the side of the page...is it new or am I just unobservant???