Wednesday

First Quilt and Other Tidbits

 My first ever quilt is posted above. Took me ten months to complete it, but I had a few minor distractions like having a baby, so I hope my friend will forgive me being 3 months late with her baby's gift. But at least it is in time for winter, right? I chose most of the colors before knowing the gender of the baby, so that is why it isn't super girly or super boyish. I think it turned out pretty cute, though. And if you don't look too close at the stitching, it looks great! :) Next time will be better, guaranteed! Thanks to my friend, my sister, and my mother-in-law for helping me with this major project - I couldn't have done it without you guys!
 

And here is a picture of Sam ready to go trunk-or-treating - I know, kinda late. But we had Robert's mom here to visit for the last week so I didn't get a chance to post this. I love how decked out he looks and the big scrape under his eye where Daddy dropped a light on him adds just the right touch to get that "beaten cowboy" look :)
Another project that I finished up was a little decorating in the kids' room. Sam has had his name on the wall for a while and I have been meaning to do Amy's and some cute kiddy graphics. Thanks to Robert's mom, we got it hammered out. Sam LOVES his tractor and rocketship (don't they look awesome?!) and I love the way Amy's flower and butterfly turned out!

5 comments:

Corinne said...

The quilt turned out really nice!! Good for you for finishing it! I also love the names & graphics on the wall!! You have such cute ideas! Love ya!

c a n d a c e said...

Gorgeous quilt sis!! Love Sammy's cute outfit!

Unknown said...

Ooh, that quilt is cute! Those tiny corner blocks look like they added a bit of time to the process.

Tenika Dennis said...

Awesome job on the quilt!

Ashlee said...

The quilt looks great Christine. I'm excited to see it in person and I know Lilia will love it! Thanks so much!