Sunday

Staying Busy

Lucy didn't want to be left out of the picture taking
Sam, Natalie and Josh "swimming" on their ocean made from a blue blanket with the flattened moving boxes along the sides for a beach.

We have been spending most of our time this last week welcoming my older sister and her family to the area. It has been great to watch Sam interact with all his cousins and I cannot describe what it is like to have my big sister closeby again. Some of you may remember when Robert and I moved to Kennewick, Washington for a summer while he did his internship for the church farms. Corinne and her family lived in Prosser, which was around 40 mins away, but we didn't let that stop us from being out visiting them just about every weekend and several times during the week. We grew really fond of the Potters that summer and have always talked about living close to them again and so it seemed like a dream come true when they let us know that Ben was going back to school and they might be as close as Idaho Falls! Now they are here and they live right in downtown Rigby and we are so happy to have them, although we are working on sharing them with Ben's brothers and sister who live in the area as well :)
Sam has been battling a cold this week and now that he is finally just about past it, Mommy is feeling under the weather. This week we were called in to speak with the bishopric and even after expressing my concerns (ex: I'm pregnant and will only be getting more so, what I am supposed to do with a newborn in nursery, if I am nursing I will most likely have to leave the other teacher with all the kids at some point during church, etc) I am now called to be a nursery worker - obviously someone in charge has a sense of humor (they also wanted me to remain the visiting teaching coordinator, but I told them when the baby comes it will be time for someone else to have that blessing)
Daddy has been working hard or hardly working, we're not quite sure :) It has been great to have him getting home between 5 and 6 most nights and home every Saturday. So we used our free Saturday to go up to the shop and spend some time working on Robert's sandrail (more details and pictures to come at some point) Later that day we were able to go shopping for Sam's birthday - I can't believe he will be 3 on Friday!! We will be doing just a small party with family and I'm excited to try an idea I saw online for his birthday cake incorporating Toy Story 3. Pictures to come!!

No comments: