Tuesday

The Nightmare Continues

Ok, I'm admitting it: I've had a rough day (and it's only 2!) Sam gave me his cold, which has left me congested, difficult to sleep and just dragging through each day. But somehow I manage to drag myself out of bed and get me and Sam gone by 9 am to do my visiting teaching. Now don't get me wrong, I love visiting teaching and I love the sisters we see, but it gets really difficult to keep my sanity when Sam fights at every little thing and each visit takes an hour and a half and they are not scheduled quite together. So we get home around 1 and Sam is having a meltdown because he is tired and hungry. I'm not feeling great myself, so I get into some comfy clothes and set about getting lunch, when I notice a big pile of dirt outside the back doors. It has been pretty warm around here lately, but I didn't think we had a big pile of dirt under the snow in that spot, so I open the door to check things out. My worst fears are confirmed when I see the two to three foot long hole that has been dug right next to where the previous hole was - the skunks are back. I try to call Robert and he doesn't pick up, so I sit down and just cry. I am so ready to be done with this house!! Robert called back and helped me calm down by saying that its ok because we'll just buy a new one tonight (we are looking at two houses in our area tonight) and we will be calling the skunk guy, if we can find his number again. Appparently skunks are undesirables, even among the pest control community, and it is difficult to find someone to take care of the problem. So if you were thinking your day has just been horrible, know that someone you know is also thinking the same thing and that someday life really will get better - you just never know when it will be better or when it will be worse! :)

6 comments:

Ben & Carli said...

I am so sorry Christine! Those dirty nasty creatures. Good luck on finding a new and better house tonight. I would say lets get together but my kids have influenza and so i don't think we want to be spreading that. We will have to get together maybe sometime next week or something. Good luck, Love ya
Carli

Stacy said...

Sounds like you need a break. So sorry for your troubles. Hang in there, someday you'll look back and laugh. Not for a while, but someday.....

Unknown said...

Poor girl.

Tenika Dennis said...

I hate days like that! I'm so sorry! I hope you guys find the perfect house :)

Ashlee said...

I'm so sorry Christine. That really stinks! Good luck with the house search. So glad you have your sister there now.

c a n d a c e said...

Oi! I'm so sorry sis! Did you find a nice house? You are such a great Mommy & will get your much-deserved gorgeous home soon. I promise. :)