Sunday

A Good One

Yesterday was my birthday and it turned out to be a pretty good one. It was General Conference and my friend invited Sam and me over to help do some canning and play. We accomplished alot by finishing all 44 quarts of our potato/carrot/onion mix and processing two batches of 14 by the end of the day (they had to be pressure cooked, which takes FOREVER) During the priesthood session, we loaded the kiddies in the car and drove to Coldstone to pick out an ice cream cake and settled on the strawberry cheesecake variety - so yummy!!! Robert insisted that I couldn't make my own birthday cake (although I did last year and this year I actually WANTED to make my own birthday cake) and said we should try an ice cream cake again (we've tried the ones from Dairy Queen before) and I had a coupon for $3 off at Coldstone, so it all worked out great! I really like these cakes because instead of all ice cream, they are layers of both cake and ice cream, as you can see in the pic :)
And my sisters know how much I love flowers and sent this gorgeous arrangement of purple and peach flowers in a cool vase! Thanks sis's!! So even though Robert was gone, we were able to stay happy and busy and make the most of the day! Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes yesterday!!

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

YEAH! Happy birthday!!

Unknown said...

Oh, yum! Happy Birthday Christine!!

c a n d a c e said...

Hey, not too shabby! :) Glad it was a good one sis - You deserve it!

Ashlee said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy Birthday!! Glad you could have fun even without Robert. Your cakes are looking yummy...(ps- remember we are visiting soon). ;)

Bec Davis said...

Happy birthday for the other day Christine. Glad you got a lovely cake and had some fun with a friend!