Friday

Can't Believe It

I can't believe it! We are FINALLY done with harvest for this year!! This year felt so very, very long for me and Sam and I can imagine it felt the same for Robert, too. What I also can't believe is how we have acquired yet another firearm!! Yep, somehow I was convinced to let Robert buy yet another gun. This will be gun #4 for him now. Our new addition is a Ruger 300 Winchester Mag. Robert has had hunting fever ever since he went elk hunting with my dad that first year and begged and pleaded with me that he needed his own gun and that the three other ones he owned just weren't right for the job. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see my husband so happy with his new toy, I just can't believe how many guns we have acquired in not so many years! We each have a shotgun and Robert has a pistol and his Mini 14 and now the Winchester Mag.
In other news, Robert's brother is staying with us for a few weeks and so far it's going well. Sam loves wrestling and demanding Uncle Jakey to play with him and Robert likes having another guy to talk tractors, farming and guns with. As for me, I've pretty much finished up my canning for the year. We ended up with peaches, pears, peach jam, green beans and apple pie filling. I will probably can potatoes, but that can be put on hold for a while. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: