Wednesday

Gran-nan's Visit

So this first picture is just a random one I had from a while back that was too cute to not post. Robert and I were finishing up getting ready for church and Robert was looking for his shoes. I found them fairly easily :) The funniest part: Sam has his sunday shoes on as well as Robert's shoes!

We took the chance one night this week to plant the rosebush my sister gave me for Mother's Day in this awesome pot I found at Sam's Club for only $15 (and no, it isn't plastic, it's mostly stone - very durable and heavy). The name of this rose is "Peace", which I thought was perfect to represent our little angel in heaven. Thanks so much, Corinne! We can't wait to see the blooms soon!
Robert and Sam had a great time swinging in the hammock again. If you look behind them, you can see the water in the ditch is very high. It was very aggravating to find when I got back from my trip that someone who shall remain nameless decided our fence was ugly and that it should go, despite the fact that it was the only thing keeping our two year old out of the ditch. Great! He's already fallen in once, nearly twice. It's going to be a long summer!

And as I stated before, Robert's mom came to visit us for a few days. It was nice to have her all to ourselves for a while just to visit. Here Sam and Gran-nan (as he calls her) are watching a movie.
On Tuesday despite gloomy skies, we headed over to Bear World. It was a little pricey in my opinion, but was really cool to see so many bears in one place! There were seriously over 15 bears in the habitat and one was even moseying down the middle of the road and didn't care when we drove right next to him! Afterwards, we saw the baby bears (so cute!), went to the petting zoo they have there, and rode a few of the kiddie rides. Sam was in heaven riding first the train and then the cars. What more could my son ask for?
Thanks to Grandma for being such a good sport in riding the rides with Sam!
At first Sam wasn't sure about the goats, but he grew to love them along with the chickens, piggies and peacock.
"You want me to touch THAT?"

6 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Way cute! He is getting sooo big!

Julie Barnes said...

Too cute!

Julie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I totally understand about bear world, that is really the only reason we haven't been yet. As for the fence, Sam will slowly learn to stay away because you keep telling him. But it may take a little while. :)

c a n d a c e said...

Aww I love it Sis! So glad you all had fun. Cute pics of Sam Sam. :)

Unknown said...

What a cute Sammy!
I say we all adopt "Gran-nan" as her official grandma title.

Team Skousen said...

heheh his face is the best in the goat picture!! LOL!!