Friday

Want to take a Guess?

So a couple weeks ago, my OB Dr. called me about my mid-pregnancy blood test results to let me know that the test for spina bifida came back elevated, meaning my chances of having a baby with spina bifida were 1 in 11. For those of you who don't know a whole lot, basically spina bifida is a defect of the spinal cord. These children have many health issues including being paralyzed. So we went in this morning to re-draw the labs to double check the results and to have an ultrasound to see if any defect was detectable. Thank goodness the baby looks completely fine, everything is great. The baby's measurements are right on with my due date and she looks to be a strong, healthy baby. Yes, I said SHE!!!! We will be having a beautiful baby girl and we are thrilled! As far as names are concerned, we always seem to agree on boys names, but not girls, so if anyone has suggestions, feel free to share! I like Alexus, so then we can call her Lexie (my mom's and his mom's names combined) or Olivia and call her Livy or Ruth. Robert has said he likes Mary or Rebecca, but we can't seem to find one name we both absolutely love, like with Sammy. I will try to be able to scan in the ultrasound pictures later when I have the computer genius around, but I wanted to post our good news!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on a girl. That's very exciting.

Unknown said...

Oh, we love girls! Poor Sammy, all girl cousins and now a sister too! Congrats!

Maples Family!! said...

That is so exciting that you were able to find out!! and know everything is ok!! Oh i am so jealous, i want a little, but maybe someday! Congrats again!

Julie Barnes said...

Congrats on the baby girl! That is great news... very scary to hear news that something may be wrong... Only a few more months!