Tuesday

My First Mother's Day

So my first Mother's Day as a Mom was great! My older sister Candace is a flourist, so she made me a beautiful orchid corsage to wear all day. Then at church they gave us yellow flowers, which isn't anything too special, but it was to me because it was the first time I got one! Then we went over to my parent's house for a wonderful dinner of ham, funeral potatoes and rolls. Robert bought me a new KitchenAid mixer for Mother's Day because he knows I have been coveting one for a long time and they were on sale, so it will come sometime within the next week or so, I can't wait!! Lastly, Mother's Day will always be a little extra special to us because it was exactly one year ago on Mother's Day that we found out that a sweet little one was going to be joining our family! It was pretty cool to be able to call our moms and tell them that they would be grandmas again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Happy Mother's Day little mommy. Sounds like you really had a great one, good call on the mixer Robert. We found out about Emma on Mother's Day too, it was kind of special.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Christine!
You are such a wonderful mother - Sammy is a lucky little guy!

A Kitchen Aid mixer, huh?! Go Robert!!!

Thanks for the ecard you sent - I loved it!

Love ya, Aunt Steph