Wednesday

Scary Incident

So for once I have some news that is NOT about Sammy! :) It was kind of scary, actually. The house we live in is kind of isolated because there are no houses very close and the house is set down a little hill. So last week a kind of creepy-looking guy came looking for a storage unit, which was fine and I gave him prices and let him look at a few and he said he would be back, but never came back to rent one. But he did come back Friday night and sat in his car up on the street behind the house, watching the house for over an hour. Of course Robert wasn't home from work yet, so it made me a little nervous but I figured I was being overly jumpy and didn't do anything about it. But yesterday, when I came home from my lunch break, he was sitting on the street behind the house again! So I got Sammy in the house, dead-bolted all the doors and called the police. They sent over three units and made him go away. He claims he was just sitting there texting his ex because he didn't want to do it in front of his kids, but the cops gave him a severe warning to stay away from us and if he comes around again we can pursue legal action. Hopefully it never comes to that, but as I have been thinking about this incident, it made me realize how grateful I am that I always have someone I can call upon when I feel threatened or in trouble. Many people think police are just for speeders or the criminals, but they are here for the everyday citizen, too. I just wanted to express my gratitude for these brave people that risk their lives to protect ours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gracious, I would be freaked too. Keep safe!