Monday

October 2012 (most of it)

I know. It has been a REALLY long time since I last posted. Apparently our life is quite eventful and once you get a little behind, it seems daunting to catch up and so you put it off for just a bit longer until before you know it, three weeks have gone by without a word. But I think most of you are friends with me on FB and so have seen news of our life, as well as pictures. I don't have a single picture to post on here from our camera, either. Well, let's see....

The second week of October didn't have a lot. More preschool, lunch with friends to celebrate my birthday late. Trying salsa for the first time with my canning buddy thanks to a friend in my ward giving me all the tomatoes and onions left in her garden. Then had lunch with another friend at the end of the week. Also during this week much anticipation was to be had because our ward had been split. It was a sad day. We were ripped from our old ward and paired up with others that had been split off from another ward to make a completely new ward. Which means many, many new callings. It was a tense week waiting for that unknown number to show up on the caller ID. Both Robert and I got the call. His was to be a Sunday school teacher for the 16 and 17 year olds. Mine was to be the Beehive advisor. To be honest, I was relieved. I really enjoyed being with the YW and let's face it - there are MANY other less-than-ideal callings out there. So we are adjusting to the new way of things, but one major good thing about this new ward stuff is our good friends the Potters are now in our ward - yay!!!

The second week of October was a tough one. Robert had his tonsils out Wednesday and thank goodness for my sister-in-law. We had arranged for a YW in our ward who is doing college classes from home to come babysit the kids. But when we got to the hospital and as the proceedings took place, we realized it was going to be MUCH longer than we had told the babysitter and she had a class to be to. So Stacey saved the day and drove down to be with the kids as long as we needed her and also made us dinner. The next few days were rough. I was in YW mtgs, rushing to get kids, taking Robert back to the hospital when he started bleeding and we couldn't get it to stop, and then my older sister was sealed in the temple on Saturday. Since Robert wasn't doing well, we forewent our planned day trip to look at sectionals and Suburbans and I drove down and back that afternoon. It has been one heck of a week, let me tell ya!

And to round it off nice and evenly, I woke up to get me and the two kids ready to go to 9:00 church by myself and was greeted with Amy's bed full of throw-up and her diaper full of diarrhea. Left her at home with Robert, took Sam with me to church. He. Was. Awful. Of course. I told myself we would just stay long enough to take the sacrament and then go home. And then he calmed down. Of course. Did I forget to mention I had to teach YW on Sunday, too? Let's just say I am ready for a new week and am bound and determined to be more prepared and to get to bed early EVERY night because you just never know when your four-year-old will suddenly decide that naps are no more. Dang it!

Hope you have a great week - I'll have to let you know about mine :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowzers. Hang on tight, what a ride.

Tenika Dennis said...

Yikes, you HAVE been busy. I'm so sorry about Robert, and then having Amy get sick on top of that! Awful! I hope this week is much better for your whole family. (and I dread the day I no longer have nap time to look forward to, I am SO sorry!)

c a n d a c e said...

Ouch. So sorry sis!! It meant the world to me that you were there for the most special moment of my life. THANK YOU!! Loves.