Saturday

Birthday Week

Arilee + Marissa go first
 So, I have absolutely no pictures from this week, so I will share the pictures I have from YW almost two weeks ago. We knew that there was a big change coming up, so we decided to dispense with the activity to teach the girls how to use lds.org and just have a fun night with treats and Minute-to-Win-it games. The game I came up with is you put a baseball in the end of a pair of tights, put it on your head, and have to use the ball in the end to knock over a line of water bottles. It was quite fun!

 We all had a blast that night just enjoying each other's company one last time. Turns out they took two wards and redid the boundaries so now it is three wards. We are part of the new ward, so I have lost a great number of friends and YW. But on the plus side, we kept some of my favorites (shh, don't tell!) and now our best friends, the Potters, are in our ward! But with a new ward comes new callings, so we are hesitant to answer our phones now :)
Alli + Kennedy
 In other news, it was my birthday this week! Yay! The actual day was pretty typical, Sam went to preschool and the kids and I just sort of hung out. I worked on Amy's tutu and headband for Halloween and was able to get it finished, which was fun to do something crafty, finish, and have it turn out cute! That evening Aunt Stacey came down from Rexburg to watch the kiddos so I could go to YW and then Girl's Night Out (GNO) right afterward. GNO is something some ladies in my ward started and they go out on the first Tuesday of each month late in the evening to a restaurant (different each month) to just sit and chat. It was so fun that this fell on my birthday and we went to Red Robin per my request so I could get my free dinner and sundae. It was a late night, but a good way to end my day.
Bridgette + Arliee
 Then the next day my best friend brought over my birthday cake. It was a layered ice cream cake with Oreos, hot fudge sauce, and raspberries - so yum!
Jodene shows us how to move an Oreo down your face into your  mouth
 Then the rest of this week was just kinda blah. Sam woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and diarrhea on Wednesday night. Then Thursday night Amy had the same thing. So Thursday I had to keep Sam home from preschool, which meant I had to cancel my trip to the temple I was going to do while Sam was in preschool. But he didn't throw up again, so we were still able to go over to the Potter's to can pears as planned. We spent 7 hours canning pears. Then I threw the kids in the car so we could rush to IF to get my sewing machine back from being serviced (a birthday present and SOOO nice!). And Uncle Kurtis' mission call had come in the mail that day, so he and Jake and Stacey came down to open it and have some ice cream cake with us.
Kaelynn + Verinique
 Friday was just a kind of hang-out day since both kids had been sick and Mommy felt like a walking zombie from being up half the night three nights in a row. Today I will do my best to listen to conference (while I work on a sewing project of course!) while the kids play/destroy the house. Tomorrow we have big plans for the Rexburgers (Jake, Stacey, Kurtis) to come  down to watch conference with us and enjoy lots of good food. What are conference and family for anyway? :) Hope you all have a great weekend enjoying conference in whatever way is best for you! :)
Jodene (1st Counselor) + Holly (President)


Katelynn + Ashlee

Arilee + Kennedy

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

I'm so sorry your kids got sick, that is never fun! But I'm glad you had a nice birthday and that the sickness was short.