Monday

Updates

First we will start with Sam. My parents gave us a bike for him quite a while back (I think it was when we were down for Thanksgiving) but he hasn't had a place to ride it and we've been putting off getting training wheels and a helmet because I knew he would bug me continuously when we did. Well, we finally bit the bullet Saturday night and went and found some training wheels and a Buzz Lightyear helmet.
His first episode of riding his bike didn't last too long because of the limited space in the basement, but he loved it and is so excited to be able to go out for a bike ride with Daddy. Although now it may not be a while because we just got snow again this morning. Another major thing is that our blinds finally arrived!! We have really been looking forward to having our privacy in our bedroom and a darker room for Sam so he can sleep better.
And lastly, only six more weeks until baby girl will be here (or maybe a little sooner if she feels like it)!! Had an appointment last week and my blood pressure was high again, so that combined with my history has led the dr's to decide that twice weekly ultrasounds of the baby will be necessary until delivery. It is just a precaution (and my B/P was fine when they rechecked it after the ultrasound) and everything will most likely be just fine, but they want to make sure just in case. The thing they are a little worried about is the blood flow in the umbilical cord could start to slow down or even reverse completely. If one of these ultrasounds shows that beginning to happen, they would deliver the baby via C-section ASAP. If everything continues to go routinely, then our plan is to do VBAC whenever baby girl decides to come. To explain the above picture, I once again found an awesome deal that I was too excited about not to share. I found these two sweaters and jean jacket today for $1!! I simply could not resist such a steal, so the red sweater and jacket are 3-6 months and the white is 0-3 (only because that was the largest they had). As far as names go, we still haven't settled on any, but we have been talking about it more (yay!). As it stands, I like Amy and Robert likes Rose or Mary.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Go with Amy.

Maples Family!! said...

Looks like Sam is liking the new house, and more room to play! Super cute clothes, I could never pass up a deal like that either!We never had a name for our little guy either. Lucky near the end we finally agreed on Quinnton.. what a relief! I think all the names are pretty cute! I'm excited to hear what you decide!

Anonymous said...

I bought the white sweater for my little girl too, and it looks SO cute on her!! Olivia didn't have a name until she was about 5 hours old and Kelton didn't have a name until he was 3 days old. Just make sure you leave the hospital with a name for the baby. Out of those names, I like Amy best.