Wednesday

Proud of Myself


Before I go on to brag, here a few cute pictures I took this morning of Sam and his good buddy Josh playing in Sam's bed this morning. Aren't they just the cutest little boys you've ever seen? (and you'd BETTER be saying yes! ;)

Little monkeys jumping off the bed. Good thing it is only a few inches off the floor!

Ok, so here is my proud moment. Honestly, I think I did a good job considering #1 - No help from anyone else #2 - I've never taken a cake decorating class or anything and #3 - How impatient I can be, but I stuck with it and two hours later, you have a very discernable John Deere tractor.

I had tons of frosting leftover and hate to waste, so I added some grass on the sides (and to cover up the white frosting swirled with pink from the strawberry cake)
As you may have guessed from the cake, we are working hard to make Sam's birthday memorable this year. With Kaylie passing away, I feel like I have to make every birthday that Sam has count, does that make any sense? Plus a little "only child to spend our money on" syndrome doesn't help either! :)
Last year was a randomly decorated cake and just us. This year Sam has a few really good friends, so we are having a Lightening McQueen party with four of his friends. We will be building our own pizzas, playing with balloons, opening presents, and maybe if I can whip it up in time, a version of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey in Lightening McQueen fashion. We'll see. We will post pictures after the party so you can join us for Sam's 2 year birthday!

7 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

you did a great job!! I love the cake! I hope all goes great w/the party!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday little man! And you spoil him all you can Christine!

Stacy Smith said...

The cake looks great! I hope Sam has a great birthday!

Tenika Dennis said...

Good job on the cake, Christine! Very awesome.

c a n d a c e said...

Happy Birthday Sam Sam! That is seriously the best cake ever, Teen!! Way to go Sis.

Devin and Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! Good lookin cake! The party sounds like it will be so fun!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You did a great job on the cake, it looks awesome! Making every birthday count is a great way to let Sam know how loved he is. As my mother in law says, she had kids to spoil them!