Monday

Heading Out

So Sam and I are headed out in the morning for Utah. My Dad is traveling to China on business and he and Mom decided to take advantage of it, so she is flying out a little later to join him for a few days of sight-seeing. Thus Sam and I are going down to hang out with my awesome little bro's for a week and a half, so probably no posts until we get back. (Sam loves to have a turn (and demands it) on the treadmill each morning once Mommy finishes her walk/jog)
This weekend we had the....um....opportunity? to speak in church on Sunday. I think it went ok, each of us took a good tangent off of the main topic that has been spoken on every week for the last month and frankly, I am just seriously relieved to have it overwith. I think we're set for the next ten years :)
Sam has really hit his terrible two's stage and it has been hard to adjust. That's what the pictures are all about. They help remind me that I didn't become a Mom because kids are always fun and happy and sweet, because we all know they aren't! But, my little guy IS so much of the time, it helps me get through the tough times when he's rolling around on the floor just screaming and there is nothing I can do. Hopefully this stage will pass quickly so I can have my happy, sweet little boy back full time and if not, I will keep taking pictures like these to remind me how blessed I am! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

It is true, we didn't become parents because we thought it was going to be easy. Actually, it is a lot harder than I ever imagined. Waking up before 6 every day for the last year has proven this to me. AND not understanding what is wrong... I just wish it was easier to communicate. Sammy looks like a sweet little guy. :)

Team Skousen said...

I agree, how could you not love Sammy's little face?? He's too cute. Hopefully this is just a stage! Have fun in Utah!

April and John and Baby Thomas said...

Good way to look at it, Christine. Love you SO much, it was fun to have you two visit on your way down! :)

Jenn said...

What a great outlook. Kids are such a blessing!